Thursday, February 3, 2011

Life is full of random surprises...

It's not often that Gorilla Sacks receives anything out of the ordinary from our mail lady, Sandra. But driving to work this morning, each on our own quest to get to work on time, we all noticed something different in the air, this day was going to be special. Low and behold, when Sandra's smiling face came to deliver our mail, there was a surprise...

Gorilla Sacks wants go thank Brent Leopold for the random, day-changing, week-changing, put-a-smile-on-our-faces letter and art he sent us. Thanks Brent!

Hello Lisa, 

This is mail art. Really a step better. I send art out to enjoy the process of random people getting art. My art is part of a local gallery, a lot of mail art shows, and found art. I got th eidea from guerilla advertising. Use your kraft to get your image out there. What I wanted is what the graffiti artists have done. Have art that travels! I don't think of fame, riches. I think of process and timing. I think my art is a gallery without walls. Still life is a sea, I don't want to feel I am laying in the sand, I want to see where the undertow sends me. Mail art can be lost, stolen, any random person can get it, trashed, but it falls where the hands send it. I found your company by searching 'Green recycled book bags.' I liked your logo, your bags' looks, so that is why you got this. Please keep the art safe, make sure if you do not like the image it gets in the hands of someone who does. 

Hope you will enjoy what I picked out.

Brent Leopold
www.google.com/profiles/foundmeart

Gee, looks like Lisa!

This painting is our favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment